Freedom The Open Source Way Contribute Articles or News to OSForgeOSForge HomeLogout from Forums
Contacting OSForgeOSForge HomeAbout OSForge

Forum Main Page User Control Panel Register to be a member - It's Free Search for Posts Event Calendar Members Lists Help on Using This Forum
OSForge Forums ? Linux: Setup Help ? Suse's screen problem ? Hello Guest [login|register]
Last Post | First unread Post Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites

Post New Thread Post Reply

Suse's screen problem
1 Votes - Average Rating: 5.001 Votes - Average Rating: 5.001 Votes - Average Rating: 5.001 Votes - Average Rating: 5.001 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00

Author
Post ? Previous Thread | Next Thread ?

GallComp

Quote | Edit | Report | IP | Up

Suse's screen problem

I jsut got Suse 8.2 installed, it work great but I only have a small problem with it...

Everytime that I boot up my system, it doesn't recognise my Monitor... So I have to manually specify a generic one... I have a Compaq cv515 monitor...

Is there any way to tell linux not to look for new hardware or hardware changes everytime it boots... or a way to correct this monitor problem...

GallComp...

08-15-2003 22:37 Homepage of GallComp Search for Posts by GallComp Add GallComp to your Buddy List

linda
Tux

you can run yast config to config hardware you have

08-18-2003 21:54 Homepage of linda Search for Posts by linda Add linda to your Buddy List
GallComp

I did, but every time I boot up (I can't leave it on all the time) the yast screens shows up, and tells me that my monitor isn't configured... Then I select the generic VESA driver, run a test, and continue with my normal boot up...

08-18-2003 22:31 Homepage of GallComp Search for Posts by GallComp Add GallComp to your Buddy List
aergern aergern is a Male
Fresh Tux

Lamp sax2

Try running sax2. Do not accept the defaults that it has for you. Go into the selections and make sure verything is correct. Once you go into the monitor section and fill in the values it will write your XF86Config file in /etc/X11 and you should be good to go. You can also send your monitor specs to feedback@suse.com so that they can add it to the next version of sax2 they build. Smile

08-27-2003 02:44 Search for Posts by aergern Add aergern to your Buddy List

Tree Structure | Board Structure

Rate Suse's screen problem

Poor very bad 

very good Excellent
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Scroll Up

About OSForge | Term of Use | Privacy | Contact us | Tell a Friend | Advertise